- iPractice offers evidence-based therapy treatments for anybody who would like to improve their mental health. We offer regular contact with our psychologists and we use smart technology to help you to achieve sustainable results.
- In addition to in-depth conversations with consultation room psychologists, iPractice also offers the option for online chat contact or full online treatments via video consultation.
- Instead of occasional contact with your psychologist, with us you get into a “flow” of treatment where there is contact several times a week.
Alkmaar: from 1 week
Amsterdam: from 8 weken
Den Haag: from 4 weken
Deventer: from 1 week
Eindhoven: from 1 week
Groningen: from 1 week
Nijmegen: from 1 week
Rotterdam: from 1 week
Utrecht: from 1 week
Completely online: < 1 week
This is the waiting time until the first conversation with one of our psychologists (the pre-intake). Before this interview takes place, you already start treatment by completing an online questionnaire.
- Solution-focused therapy and positive psychology to leverage your strengths.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy helps you look at your problems differently and change negative thoughts and behaviors.
- ACT focuses on accepting obstacles and focusing on what’s really important to you.
- Mindfulness helps you to live more consciously and be more in the moment, making you worry less about the future.
- For trauma-related symptoms and PTSD, EMDR therapy is used to reduce flashbacks, re-experiences and other symptoms.
To make use of the online consultation room, you need to download the Wire app on your smartphone, tablet or desktop computer. Wire is a highly secure way of sharing confidential information via chat or video. We recommend that you download the ‘personal’ version. This version is free and has everything you need for your therapy. You can download Wire here.
Once you have installed Wire and created an account with a user name, you can share your user name with us on the Wire app – look for the ‘Team iPractice’ account (@teamipractice) and send a message with your name and user name. Then we can activate your personal treatment space.
Yes, iPractice meets the requirements for coverage by health insurers. The cost of your treatment will be reimbursed by your health insurance company. Check “What are the costs for a psychologist” to see with which insurance companies we work together.
If you are still not sure, feel free to call us – we will do our best to answer your questions.
- If you cannot come to the practice, the appointment can always take place digitally.
- If you also cannot meet with the psychologist via video call or over the phone, we ask that you cancel the appointment at least 2 business days before the appointment.
- If you cancel less than 2 business days before the appointment, we will charge a no show fee of €60.
For the chat contact we charge 15 minutes weekly; this is for the contact itself as well as the preparation and elaboration thereof. The duration of the actual contact can vary from week to week. We use an average amount of time per week. The time of our chat may not correspond exactly with the exact time of the chat contact on the invoice.
Yes we are NEN7510 and ISO27001 certified, which means we betekent dat we meet the (legally) set requirements for information security within healthcare.
All answers to your questions about how we process your data can be found in our privacy statement.
Yes, iPractice has an information security policy. This policy can be requested, if desired via email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied with our services, we hope you want to discuss this with us. In the first instance, you will discuss your complaint with your specialised psychologist. Sometimes this can be difficult or you may not feel able to discuss your complaint. In that case, you can contact the iPractice complaints officer. The complaints officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The complaints officer can play a mediating role in handling your complaint.